About Remarkable Single Parents
Read down below to find other NGOs for single parents.
Our Sweden-wide organisation was founded in 1996. We work at a local level, and also seek to influence opinion and policy nationally. Our funding comes from, amongst other sources, the Social Department of the Swedish government. The organisation brings together and strengthens single parents.
Our vision and goals
Sweden’s Remakable Single Parents’ vision is that single parents and their children shall enjoy the same conditions as parents and children in traditional nuclear families.
The organisation’s goals are to:
- Bring together and strengthen single parents
- Make single parenthood more visible in society
Sweden’s Remarkable Single Parents wants to bring together and strengthen single parents by organising:
- Single parents’ networks and local associations, on the basis of help and self-help
- Programmes and activities which benefit single parents
Swedens Remarkable Single Parents shall support its members’ interests by offering them support, benefits and activities
Sweden’s Remarkable Single Parents wants to make single parenthood more visible in society by:
- Ensuring that our organisation is well-established.
Participating in relevant political and public debates.
Ensuring that the established political parties are aware of our objectives.
- Collaborating with other organisations.
- Striving for change in accepted norms around the concept of family, and for active and equal parenthood.
How we work
Sweden’s Remarkable Single Parents strives to be a well-established organisation, comprised of active local associations and networks.
We work to influence opinion on issues related to single parenthood, we wish to reflect society’s diversity with regard to gender, age and ethnicity, and we are independent from political parties and religious organisations.
We work for equal parenthood in reality, where single parents enjoy the same social and economic conditions as nuclear families, to provide for their children’s needs
Other Single Parents Organizations in Europe or the world
Finland: Yhden Vanhemman Perheiden Liitto Ry
France: Parent Solo